Wednesday 16 May 2012

Not written a thing!

It's that time of year when the students are pulling me all ways, not literally you understand!  The last two weeks of cramming for the Os and A levels has started.  I'm indulging in lots of literary activity, but sadly it's not my own.  Still after this period is over, I should be in a position to continue the novel and take up with Barbara, Agnes and Euphame once more.

I have to say though it was lovely to be asked to help with an essay on Jane Eyre this morning and, similarly, to revisit Sense and Sensibility with an A level student last week.  It felt like a sort of 'coming home', how sad is that?   It really was going back to my comfort zone (odd given that before 2001, I would have run a mile from analysing and writing about any of this 'stuff').  It also made me realise just how much I had actually learned at university, particularly during my Master's degree.  See... not at all wasted!

Still the ideas for the continuing story of the witch trials are flying around my head.  This will be boosted by a trip to Edinburgh and Haddington in about two weeks, when I hope to complete the research and fill in some gaps.  (Note to self; when writing a historical novel, next time choose somewhere a little closer to home!)

There we are, watch this space for more updates on the trials.  I now have blogger on my iphone, if only I could get it to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment